Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Embroidery FTW!


Embroidery can be really fun if you're stitching a design you love!  I have fun drawing my own and transferring the images to the fabric with transfer paper, a thin blue carbon paper that acts like the black paper behind your checks.  It can be found at any good craft store and is very easy to use.  I recommend using small embroidery needles to avoid excess finger pricking and always seperate your embroidery thread into 2-3 strand pieces (embroidery thread come in 6 strand skiens).  Use 2 strands for french knots and thin lines, and 3 strands when you want your design thicker or to fill in large areas. 

Shown here are a couple designs I am working on.  I'm thinking I may dye them as well!  Look for them for sale soon at www.mygibsongirl.etsy.com.  Some finished examples of these in tie dye were completed back in October. I then donated them to my fav' lil' white rapper and cartoon maker, mc chris. His fundraising efforts for Cystic Fibrosis have been quite successful thus far, and I felt the need to give what I could in hopes that he will be auctioning some fan-made goods in the future.  He is currently in between sales, but you can check for awesome stuff (toy fans, star wars fans...) frequently at his ebay auction page here


Keep your eye out for these!  Hopefully they are among the cool fan art/bootleg merch that he decides to part with, if and when he finds the time in his busy schedule to auction off some fan stuff!


I also just got some amazingly cool artistic supplies as x-mas gifts from the awesome Mum-in-law, and have been doodling the last couple days.  This is the one I just finished.  She's a hoodie ninja! If you haven't taken the opportunity to become a fan at Gibson Girl Arts on Facebook, take a moment to do so now here.  I hope you are also enjoying some quality family time this holiday season and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment